Most people take good care of their eating habits as they choose only the right and healthy diet, but some of them ignore the fact that safety cookware translates to a healthier lifestyle. It is very important to select the right and safe cookware to cook healthy food. In earlier days, selecting cookware was simple; they just buy cookware and use it without worrying about toxic chemicals in the pots and pans. But, now it is not that simple, also, choosing the right product is also difficult because of several options and brands available in the market. There is more possibility of harmful chemicals and toxins emerge in the cookware that we use frequently, and the scary part is, there is more possibility of these harmful toxins can accumulate in your body.
Unfortunately, most of this modern cookware contains toxins and chemical that are harmful, and when you cook food in it, you are not just eating the food made from it, but, also accumulating dangerous chemicals in your body.
Safe Cookware is a Controversial Topic:
Why it is controversial because each individual has a different opinion on safe cookware. Some people feel stainless steel is safe, and others feel cooking acidic foods in stainless steel may cause toxic cobalt, nickel, and chromium to seep into your food. You may not have ideal answers especially when you are looking for a safe cookware, but, you can avoid bad choices with the information that you can find on the product and it can help you take the right decision.
You should consider several factors when buying a cookware. Most importantly you should look for the material of the cookware, its size, shape, etc while choosing the cookware. The cookware that you use must able to carry out heat effectively and make sure that you are not consuming harmful toxins along with the food you cooked.
The standard cookware that most people have it in their home are made of cast iron, stainless steel, Teflon, anodized cast iron, and other nonstick varieties including ceramic, copper clad, anodized aluminum etc. Here you can find the uniqueness of the cookware that you generally use.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless Steel is a preferable choice for many householders because it is stable at heat and offers safety and durability and it does not leak any harmful chemicals into your food. It is easy to clean, scratch resistant, and non-breakable cookware that fall under safe cookware category. The only concern is, it is heavy and does not distribute heat evenly.
- Aluminum: Most cookware is made from Aluminum and it is most used cookware material globally. This is because it is cheaper and conducts heat quickly. It has been on the market for several years, but, the recent reports prove that aluminum leaks chemicals into your food when it is heated to high temperatures. Particularly, when you cook acidic based foods in the aluminum pan and if you place the cooked food in the same vessels for a longer period, it leaches chemicals and harms your health when you consume it.
Enameled aluminum and Anodized aluminum are somewhat safe but they also leach chemicals when you use it for a longer period. The health problems due to aluminum toxicity include kidneys problems, liver problems, softening of bones, and memory loss, etc.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron also falls under safe cookware category, as it is reasonably safe to use for cooking. You must take good care of the cookware as it can rust easily. Though it is not a good conductor, it still can distribute heat evenly. It is an affordable and safe choice.
- Teflon-coated Cookware: Teflon cookware has become very popular recently, but, Teflon coat is considered as unsafe because Teflon emits harmful fumes including carcinogens when the pan is heated at high temperature. According to the studies conducted recently, the toxic compounds have been found in the human blood and some toxins found in the surroundings.
- Ceramic: Ceramic cookware is also considerably safe to cook, but, ensure that the coating used in ceramic cookware is free from lead. Clay and lead-free ceramic are the best materials for oven-baked foods.
- Teflon-free Titanium: in recent times Teflon-free Titanium cookware has become very popular. The material is considered as long lasting and scratch resistant. Also, it is easy to clean and maintains, and very light material. It spreads the heat evenly as it is excellent conductor and safe to use for cooking. Unfortunately, you don’t find several titanium products in the market.
- Copper: Copper material is very expensive, and also it reacts to a certain type of ingredients when you cook in the copper vessels, that may change the taste and flavor of food. It is also a good conductor of heat and spreads the heat evenly. Copper vessels are long lasting, but not easy to clean.
Choosing the right cookware helps you build a healthy lifestyle. The safety cookwares often relates to the aspects including the cookware quality, care, and using the right pan when you are cooking a certain type of food. Also, get more information on the product before you buy.