1. How to Fix Damaged Nonstick Cookware
Nonstick cookware is the useful material for our kitchen and it is used to keep frying eggs and cakes. There is one significant drawback for the nonstick cookware. The coating over the nonstick can be easily scratched by utensils like metal spatulas. There is no need to throw away your cookware, if it is damaged. You can fix the damage by coating over the nicks and scratches with Nonstick Cookware repair spray. To fix the nonstick cookware’s damage, follow these steps:
- Wash the cookware neatly with soap and water, and dry it with a towel or other soft clothes. Allow it to air dry for two or three hours, to ensure that all moisture has evaporated well before proceeding.
- Apply nonstick cookware repair spray evenly through the entire surface of the cookware, and allow it dry for half an hour. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit well as possible.
- Place the cookware inside the oven, and let it bake for 45 minutes. This will solidify the repair spray, and make the cookware safe for future use.
- Remove the cookware from the oven, and wait for it to completely cool. Once it has reached room temperature, wash the cookware once more. Let it air dry before using it again.
2. How to Remove Melted Plastic from Nonstick Cookware
An unattended spatula, spoon or lid can leave messy melted plastic inside non-stick cookware. If the melted plastic is not removed from cookware, the non-stick pan could be ruined. There are many possible several methods are used to remove melted plastic from non-stick cookware without damaging the non-stick coating. Because of melted plastic, it is more difficult to remove after it hardens and act quickly to save your non-stick pans.
Soak a soft cloth or paper towel with nail polish remover. Gently rub the melted plastic with nail polish remover to dissolve the melted plastic. Repeat as necessary until all of the plastic is removed. Thoroughly wash and rinse the pan before using it to cook food.
Add 1 tbsp. baking soda and enough water to cover the plastic to the pan. Heat the water to a simmer and continue heating until the plastic has loosened. Scrape the plastic off the pan with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula. Repeat as necessary until the plastic has been removed. Thoroughly wash and rinse the pan before using it to cook food.
Place the pan in the freezer until the plastic has frozen, making it brittle and easier to remove. Scrape the plastic with a wooden spoon or hard plastic spatula until it has all been removed. Repeat as necessary. Thoroughly wash and rinse the pan before using it to cook food.
3. Recycle Nonstick Cookware
Teflon coating is difficult to recycle due to the high health risks that are linked to the material in nonstick cookware. Teflon is not safe, when it get chipped or scratched. So, you need to discontinue the use of pans when it gets damaged. Then you can recycle your cookware as soon as possible without spending money to buy a new cookware. It is risky to continue after it gets scratched, and may cause your health. That’s why it is important to learn to recycle the cookware as soon for you and your family.
- Call your local waste management company and ask about their policy on recycling non-stick cookware. If the company offers services, follow their instructions to recycle through them.
- Contact the cookware manufacturer and ask them if you can send the cookware back to them. Chances are, they can re-coat the cookware with a fresh layer of Teflon and resell them.
- Have your cookware sand-blasted. Contact a sandblaster in your area and ask him to remove the Teflon coating from the cookware. This option will make the cookware recyclable or even reusable without the complication of a non-stick surface. You can find a sandblaster in your local phone book, but be aware that the process will not likely be free of charge.
4. How to Remove Buildup on Nonstick Pans
Nonstick pans can stick food over the surface of it. Sometimes, buildup can form on the inside of the pan, which will interfere with keeping foods. Grease, cooking spray, burnt-on food and other gunk can ruin the nonstick surface if left untreated. Clean buildup from your nonstick pan the appropriate ways to ensure you get the gunk off without damaging the coating in the process.
Sticking point of nonstick pan is 500°F and when we reach this temperature, there is a high chance of sticking foods to your pans.
Here are some steps to follow to keep your nonstick cookware so long.
- Fill the pan with water so all of the buildup is covered. Add ½ cup distilled white vinegar.
- Put the pan on the stove and bring the liquid to a boil. Once it boils, let it simmer for about 10 minutes, or until you see that all the buildup is gone and has floated to the top.
- Dump the liquid and buildup from the pan. Wash the pan with a non-abrasive nylon scrubbing pad and hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry the pan thoroughly.
- Fill the pan with water and 1 tbsp. of powdered dishwasher detergent if buildup remains. Bring the liquid to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Wash the pan thoroughly with a nylon scrubbing pad and hot, soapy water.
Safe Temperature to cook different foods
- Scrambled eggs 218° F can cook on medium for 3 minutes in a lightweight pan.
- Chicken-and-pepper stir-fry 318° F can cook on high for 5 1/4 minutes in a lightweight pan.
- Bacon 465° F can cook on high for 5 1/2 minutes in a medium-weight pan.
Don’t preheat empty pan at 507° F, if you heat empty pan on high for 1 3/4 minutes in a lightweight pan. It will lead your pan to damage.
Top 4 Best Nonstick Cookware 2019
|Nonstick Cookware||Our Pick||Shipping||Review||Editor's Rating||Price|
|T-fal E765SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Scratch Resistant Titanium Nonstick Cookware Set||Best Choice||FREE Shipping||Over 1788 customer reviews||(4.6 / 5)||See on Amazon|
|Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set, 12-Piece, Agave Blue||Alternative Pick||FREE Shipping||Over 1412 customer reviews||(4.4 / 5)||See on Amazon|
|T-fal C530SC Signature Nonstick Expert Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set, 12-Piece, Black||Budget Pick||FREE Shipping||Over 1162 customer reviews||(4.3 / 5)||See on Amazon|
|Calphalon Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 10-piece, Grey||Upgrade Pick||FREE Shipping||Over 138 customer reviews||(4.6 / 5)||See on Amazon|